Friday, February 12, 2010

Initial Diabetes Treatment

Posted by Cecile at 2/12/2010 12:14:00 PM
The day of my release from the hospital after the biopsy, my nephrologist told me to call my PCP to set an appointment to see Dr. Triue to manage my diabetes. And that is what I did as soon as I get home. I made an appointment the next day. When I got there in the morning, Dr, Triue teased me saying: You must be very special because Dr. Lerman himself phone me about you! I said smiling, maybe :-). From there he told me he would take care of my diabetes instead of seeing an Endoctrinologist. That sounds good to me. I was blessed with nice , kind and good doctors to care for our/my health. Anyhow, we are working together to get my blood sugar level down. He put me into Lantus (a once a day shot insulin) that looks like a glucometer and it is easy for me to give myself a shot than the usual syringe with big needle (ouch!). So far, the first week went okay, except that my blood sugar level was still the same that is why hubby and I decided to increase the dosage. It went down a little bit which was good. After once week, we would need to go for a follow up visit to see what would Dr. Triue would say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Health is Wealth Copyright © 2011 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Vector by Dapino