Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Biopsy's Test Result

Posted by Cecile at 2/09/2010 03:33:00 PM
Finally, my most awaited day of the week has come. Matt and I went to see my doctor to get the result from the renal biopsy done a week ago. I was eager but not nervous, not nervous because I have prayed to my Father in Heaven for the result. I prayed that whatever would that be, I will gladly accept it because I know in my heart that He has a reason why things happen. Anyway, the result was back and it came out normal. There was scarring to the transplanted kidneys but was normal due to the mismatch they did when they tested my blood for a match. Since the kidneys came from a cadaver donor, scarring in my kidney is normal and there is nothing my doctors can do to treat it. He said that kidney from cadaver donor would most like to last only last from 10 to 15 years if I am lucky, whereas if it came from a living donor, the chance would be a maximum of 25 years. With the outcome of the biopsy, I am satisfied and could never ask for more. I am glad my worries about losing my kidney is over because they have found no signs of rejection. We are happy and satisfied and that's all I want. Till then, will update more on my next post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Health is Wealth Copyright © 2011 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Vector by Dapino