Just want to share one of our family's all time favorite healthy salad. It's got meat, cheese, fruits and pasta. This dish is a Filipino style chicken macaroni salad and is really good! The dish itself is a complete meal already. The bad side of i is that, it raises my blood sugar high. The pasta itself is not good for me, but for my husband and son, this dish is perfect. I can eat a little bit of it and I will still be fine though. For now, I eat more raw salads with fruits and healthy dressing using olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Anyway, if you are into a complete meal, try this one...and for you who is a diabetic...you need to take it easy on this, lol
- 1/5 kilo macaroni noodles
- 2 to 3 pieces, medium sized carrots
- 1 big chicken breast
- 500 ml of mayonnaise
- 1 can (836 g) pineapple chunks or tidbits
- 1 big white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 1 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- salt and pepper to taste
Macaroni Salad Cooking Instructions:
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package cooking instructions.
- In a pot, boil carrots in water for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain carrots and let cool. Peal skin then dice.
- Boil chicken breast in water with salt. Drain chicken breast, then shred in 1 inch lengths
- Drain pineapple chunks or tidbits.
- Combine all ingredients while adding salt and pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate, then serve.