Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tips for Diabetes Patients

Posted by Cecile at 4/27/2011 01:32:00 PM
Being diabetic is not easy. When I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, I became very careful with what I put in my mouth. I can't eat lots of carbs such as rice, pasta, bread, sweets, and potatoes. I became very afraid of getting wound especially on my feet. I don't want my feet to be amputated. Part of caring of my feet includes following these tips:

Ogedengbe's tips for finding proper footwear.
  • Avoid shoes with pointed toes.
  • Don't buy shoes with too flat a sole or high heels because they don’t allow for even distribution of foot pressure.
  • Look for styles that have soft insoles.
  • Choose leather, canvas, or suede styles to allow adequate circulation of air. Don't buy plastic or other materials that don't allow the shoe to ''breathe."
  • Look for such features as laces, buckles, or Velcro. These make it easier to adjust the shoe.

1 comments:

Dean and Lee Schroeder on April 27, 2011 at 7:25 PM said...

My mom got diabetes, Ate Cess. And Last year, I bought her a pointed shoes with 3 inches heels. Hala hindi pala pwede yun. Now I know. Thanks for this.

Unwritten Chronicles
Flavorful Exploration

Post a Comment

 

Health is Wealth Copyright © 2011 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Vector by Dapino